Life of a Singaporean in Surrey

IMG_20160120_115320

Hello guys!

My name is Yvette or you can call me Yve(Eve)! I have been living in Singapore for the last 20 years and 2014 was the first year I came to Surrey. I came in as a second year student, taking a sandwich/gap year after receiving my diploma in Ngee Ann Polytechnic and currently in my final year of studies in BSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management!

Surrey is definitely a place that is pretty and quiet, just 30minutes off London! Have been loving the experience so far as I got to meet and build many new friendships along my journey so far! 🙂

IMG-20141003-WA0010

This was taken last year with my flatmates! This year, I decided to stay off campus for the new experience which I shall post about soon!

December has been so hectic for me as I had a lot going on, from submissions to organising of my very first event in Surrey – Christmas market, which was one of my modules! It has been such an amazing experience to get to work with the University’s events team and my group!

IMG_20160120_121910

It had 15 stalls in total on the event day and majority of them were sourced by us! I would say that I really enjoyed it as I have been in the events industry for the last 7 years!

IMG_20160120_121924

This was part of the events team that I got to work with ! 🙂

Guess that’s all from me for now.. Have to get back to mugging (its the exam period now!)

Stay tuned for my ventures during the winter break! (Where i experienced my first real snow instead of snow city.. built a snowman for the first time.. visited Iceland, Copenhagen, Sweden and Germany!)

IMG_20160120_120934

Till next time; x