Student Takeover and Matcha Lattes !? ♡

Hey Guys,

The past week has been crazy since it’s still kindaaa within the first few weeks on Uni, The Friary (aka the shopping center here in Guildford) had a Student Takeover night where basically the mall opens after its usual opening hours (10-6pm) I know what you’re thinking… 6pm ? WHAT that must clearly be a typo. hahaha but I’m serious guys, In Europe, (Even in Switzerland and France), Stores basically close at 6pm as opposed to 11pm or even 24/7 Hours like in Singapore/ Other parts of Asia.

But it’s called Student Takeover Night cause Only students are allowed to enter! And luckily for me, It’s my final year being a University Student ! ALL STORES had crazy sales for students to get their back to school wardrobes sorted. They even had Facepainting stalls and a student DJ blasting music throughout the entire mall to set the perfect mood for students’ night!

img_3159 img_3174

So I went to this event with Julia and Alka (totally unplanned!) But I saw them in town as I was about to head home and I was like HEY why not! And I’m so glad I chose to hang out with them that night! We definitely got our shop on and it was so much fun just walking and dancing around the mall, walking in and out different stores!

img_3178 img_3182 img_3184

And of course, I ended up meeting a couple of my other friends as well who also came for the Student Takeover! Which made the night even more memorable and so fun just to be around such good company! 🙂

So, Have you guys read about Adeline in my previous blog post? Shes the student ambassador for Malaysia and just the other day, I had to help her move to London as she was offered a job there! So us girls obviously had to make several pit stops along the way and one of that being New Malden. (aka. Korea Town in UK)  We went to this dessert cafe there called BINGSOO Cafe.

It’s a play on words, the name for a korean shaved ice dessert called Bingsu. It was way too cold for Iced desserts so we decided to go with the classic green tea matcha lattes and they wer SO good. 🙂

Here’s some pictures of our time there x It was cheaper than a Starbucks and definitely curbed our cravings for Matcha. 🙂

img_3368img_3312 img_3464

Also,

Check out this vlog to see more of my experience at the Student Takeover Night 🙂 !! Also, The vlog of us going to new Malden will be up this coming Sunday ! so Stay Tuned !

Thanks for reading !

Love,

Eggy x