Open Days at Surrey

Open days at the University of Surrey are a great way to get a feel of university life, student experience and our beautiful campus. 

How to register 

You can register online by following this link and filling in your details. Or you can search for it by using key words such as ‘Open days Surrey’ and clicking on the official University of Surrey pages.

What to expect 

During your open day, you have the opportunity to immerse yourself in everything the university has to offer. You can attend subject specific talks, led by our top lecturers, to help you find out which course is best for you. This is also a great chance to talk to lecturers, admissions officers and current students to find out more and answer any of your questions. You can also attend accommodation and finance sessions to find out more about the application process and options available.

Campus tours are a perfect way to familiarise yourself with student facilities, including the library, lecture buildings and support services. You will also get the opportunity to see our beautiful lake which is the perfect place for a picnic when it’s sunny. Student ambassadors run 30-45-minute tours throughout the days.

My personal experience 

When I was in Year 13, I attended an Open day in October at Surrey. It was a really positive experience and I was impressed by how well organised it was, considering the amount of people. 

I checked in with the friendly student ambassadors and had some refreshments in the marquee before attending my subject specific talk. I found the talk really engaging, covering everything from employability to course structure and a brief overview of the modules available. It really helped me to feel more confident in my course choice and inspired me to stay motivated during my A-Levels, especially as I now had a clear goal in mind. 

One of my personal highlights was speaking to the student ambassadors. They were all so welcoming and very happy to answer any questions. I still remember talking to them about their placement years abroad and feeling super excited that I would get the opportunity to do that too. They were also very patient and spent lots of time chatting to me, making me feel really comfortable and at home. 

I then had lunch with my family at Lakeside Café which had a wide variety of sandwiches, hot drinks and pastries. My personal favourite is the soup! We sat outside in the sun enjoying our food and I remember feeling really at home already. 

We then attended the accommodation and finance sessions which were really informative and really helped me to make my choices in terms of accommodation. 

The last part of our day was a campus tour with a student ambassador. It was great to see all of the campus and get a feel for what it would be like to live and study here. It was very reassuring to hear about all the student support available on Stag Hill campus including MySurrey Hive, the Centre for Wellbeing and the GP. My favourite part of the campus tour was the lake as I loved that the campus had lots of green space and nature, a perfect way to relax after studying. 

This highly positive experience really contributed in my decision to apply for Surrey and confirm it as my first choice once I had received my offer. 

2024 open days:

• Saturday 22nd June
  • Saturday 7th September
  • Sunday 6th October
  • Saturday 2nd November