Here comes Christmas!

It’s that time of the year again

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a great week and learned something from reading my previous blog. I have been writing serious life topics but today let’s loosen up, I will be sharing some fun side of the placement.

Christmas Party in PKF

As you probably remembered, I currently worked in a hospitality consultancy company in Canary Wharf. The one I am working in is the London office and the company is originated from Vienna. That is also the headquarter, where most of big events would be hosted. Unfortunately, due to lockdown in Austria, the event in our company changed to virtual Christmas party that I won’t be able to meet my colleagues in person. According to my colleague, the Vienna office used to cover the traveling expenses for the junior and senior to come visit for the Christmas party. It would have been much more things to share if it the restriction was in place.

The virtual Christmas party was hosted in the afternoon and it involved a lot of quiz that we can answer from menti, and this makes the whole game more exciting and interactive. I have to say the team prepared so many trivia that even the people from that country have never heard of. Apart from the quiz session, we also had this part where we listened to the songs and guess the name of it. Although it was ashamed that the event wasn’t’t in person, I am still grateful for the team to have virtual event that I was able to meet people from other offices and learned some trivia about other countries.

London office Christmas afternoon tea

As for our London office, we decide to go on afternoon tea in Mandarin oriental. Not only the decoration from the hotel itself is amazing but when you walked around the area, it has a lot of cute Christmas decorations to take pictures and look around. When you stepped into the hotel, you will be greeted with a human-size nutcracker and a warm fire place, the afternoon tea is on the left side of the lobby. Walking into the high ceiling and hanging lamp it gives you that wow factor that you wish you can come here everyday.

The afternoon tea menu includes sandwiches, pastries, scones and a wide range of tea selection. If you look close enough you will be able to find the tea from Taiwan. I am not too much of a tea drinker but I know I have to give it a try to see if it’s authentic. And I have to say, if you don’t like the pastry it’s okay but if you love tea and miss the Taiwan flavour then you have to come to Mandarin Oriental.

Overall, it was a really fun experience to go out of the office in and have some team bonding activities to get to know each other better. I am looking for more future events in our company. So stayed tuned to my updates and I will see you in my next blog:))

Merry Christmas everyone and a happy new year!