Here comes new year 2022!

Looking back at 2021 and my wish for 2022

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and NYE. I can’t believe 2021 has ended and now we are on another new year 2022. Looking back at 2021, I am proud of myself for accompolishing second year of university and found a placement in London to start building my career step by step. I have matured so much toward the last four months of 2021 because of placement. I realised the importance of planning ahead as well as slowly gotten used to take on more responsibility. In the past, I have a bad habit that I tend to run away from complicated work and shy away from the responsibility. But one thing that I have learned is that without difficulty there is no growth. So I set myself a goal in my career for 2022, I need to step up more and take strategic approach to solve the issues instead of letting my emotion getting in my head and run away from the task.

Start reading, start reading and start reading

I said this three times because it is really important. One of the good habit that I want to start is reading and listening to more podcast. To be completely honest with you, I have never been a bookworm. Ever since I was a kid, I have always chosen comics over books. And whenever my parents took me to the bookstore, I would go for the comics section. Till nowadays, I still prefer comics over books. And the reason that I want to start my reading habit is because I came across this book called ” The Defining Decades” which is a book written by Meg Jay, a clinical psychologist. This book drew from the research and conversations the author had with her clients to provide insight in work, relationship, network, identity and even how the brain function to help us make the most during our twenties. After reading this, it changed my perspective and I start looking at things in different mindset. I also came to the realisation of seizing my time and start contemplating the future that I have been neglecting. So I recommend all of the twentysoemthing who is reading my blog to go and read this book.

This is pretty much how I felt about my 2021 and my wish for 2022. I hope to start my new habits and build myself to be more competent at work. Lastly, my question for everyone is what kind of 2022 you want to have? Since it is still the first few days of the year, it is not too late to start planning how you want this year turn out to be. So take out your journal and let’s kick off this year with some achievable goals and imrpovement!

Until the next time, stay safe and stay positive:))