First 60 days in Surrey! :)

Hi there! Apa khabar? This is Guneish and I’m one of the three new Malaysian student ambassadors at the University of Surrey for this term. On behalf of my new colleagues, we aspire to share our experiences here at Surrey through our writings and to keep up the amazing work past ambassadors have done on this site. Let me share a picture taken while having my cajun chicken sandwich from the cafe at the main campus a week ago…

…breathtaking isn’t it? 🙂

I’m from Semenyih, Selangor. I live just a stone’s throw away from Broga Hill which I’m sure many of you reading this have hiked to catch the view during sunrise. I previously did my bachelors degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering in Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN) before deciding to be part of Surrey for MSc Biomedical Engineering. If there are any of you interested or may be wondering why this course or even why this course at Surrey? Well, its a fairly new scope in engineering compared to the ones we all know about. Yet, the University spent £12.5 Million to construct the Innovation for Health Building with world class facilities to cater high quality health-related engineering programmes.

Alright, enough with engineering ;). I have now been at Surrey for 2 months and honestly It doesn’t really feel too far from home when you have the Malaysian Surrey Society (MSS) organizing close to heart events such as the Meet & Greet which took place within the first 2 weeks during my time here. I say close to heart because the event that day ended with Nasi Lemak & Teh Tarik! 😉

The MSS often book badminton courts at the University owned Surrey Sports Park during weekends and most of the time we get quite a number of turnout and trust me It gives a sense of home during those sessions. Speaking of the society, it’s just as diverse as how Malaysia is. 🙂

Alright, I think that would do for now. I’ll see you guys next week. Bye! 🙂