Impact of Internet on Students

Hey Guys,

I hope you all are having a lovely day, and you’re looking forward to the weekend? Well I’ve got mixed feelings about the weekend, because I have a lot on my plate at the moment but hopefully I get some time off to rest.

Internet has become something most people in our century, rely on for anything in general…. As a student the internet has helped me in various ways, especially relating to my academic work. The University has an online library, where I can search for my reading list, E-books and lots more. We also have a virtual learning website, where each course and module detail are available to students. Lecturers put up our weekly lecture slides, and we have a discussion forum where every student benefits from. You will all agree with me that doing all this requires the internet.

I was having a conversation with my aunty last week, about how the internet has had so much impact on me. I literally now feel lazy to walk into the library to search for books, when I know I can actually find some of the books online. My aunty found that really weird, because she was like when she was studying they had to get books, research everything themselves and had no help from the internet.

We all know the popular search engine GOOGLE; I can’t count the amount of times I go on there to search for things. I mean some people may argue the use of internet has made students lazy. I’m definitely guilty of the negative impact of internet. As mentioned earlier, I would prefer to be in my room to search for a book online than to walk into the library to search for the book.

The internet has helped me, in communicating with family and friends back home. As an international student I definitely miss home once in a while although I have settled in well, but sometimes I just want to keep up with what’s going on at home. So I get to Skype, FaceTime and send emails.

Being a student it’s important to save cost. Sometimes I can only do this through the use of internet. Personally I like to book my travelling ticket in advance, especially when I’m travelling to places a bit far from Guildford. The internet allows me to do so. Yes and for the shopaholics out there, more opportunities to get good discounts.

I hope you enjoyed reading some of my experiences. Although, I feel the topic might seem like I was writing my coursework essay LOL. Please feel free to leave a comment or two, on the topics you want us to blog about.

Have a lovely weekend 🙂 xx