Hey guys! So today I thought I would share a few of my favourite things about the University…
- It’s coming up to Christmas and the University has started putting up some beautiful Christmas trees and lights here and there, so campus is starting to look like a winter wonderland and I’m getting really excited for Christmas! I absolutely love how festive the UK is around holidays!
- Everything and everyone has an essence of acceptance. I have felt so deeply welcomed and accepted by everyone on campus as well as the University itself, they cater for every need and characteristic of a person. There is even a centre for wellbeing!
- The University library is a whole world on its own. There are 5 floors, sections for silent study, sections for group work, laptops, computers, really fun to use filing cabinets where you’ll find all the books you’ll ever need, a mini grocery shop, literally everything you could ever possibly need in a library. Plus, it has also recently been redone! What is not to love?
- I also enjoy the occasional workout, so instead of having to drive or walk to a gym near my home before or after Uni, between lectures I can take the bus from the main campus to the Sports Park gym for a quick hit session.
- After those quick sessions, there is nothing better than rewarding yourself with some yummy Starbucks, I know it totally defeats the purpose of working out, but life is short! As my friend would say: “we’re here for a fun time, not a long time.” There are also lots of other little places to eat on campus, including a little pizza place. AND on Thursday’s there is a fresh fruit & veg market, which also has a street food vibe as there are a few stalls that sell hot meals.
- Last but not least, Surrey University has a beautiful lake that I love to walk past in the early mornings, even though it can get extremely cold, its totally worth it I promise. There are also geese or ducks or both (I’m not sure, I’m terrified of birds so I tend to keep my distance, haha) that swim and lounge around.
I hope you have a great week, see you here same time next week!