Outdoors is the new indoors

Hi everyone!

The country received some amazing news last week with the government starting the second stage of its ‘Roadmap out of Lockdown’. With this, comes the reopening of non-essential retail; personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons; and public buildings, including libraries and community centres. My favourite part about this is the reopening of indoor leisure facilities such as gyms, meaning I can finally start training my body and get lean for the summer… or at least try to 😉

Most outdoor attractions and settings including outdoor hospitality venues, zoos, theme parks, and drive-in cinemas are also reopening, including self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets. And so, as the outdoors gain even more popularity, it is only fitting that the sun has been shining longer and brighter: a poetic welcome to the easing of the lockdown restrictions.

Even more exciting news from the campus is the transformation of The Marquee on PATS Field from a study space into a beer garden serving food and drink from the 19 April. This is an important measure that the University of Surrey has taken to really show that they care, especially for those students on campus who were isolated or had limited opportunities to meet people and see friends this year.

Last week was also my deadline to apply for campus owned accommodation for returning students. I have been thinking about this decision for a while and sure enough, I decided to submit my application in the end. I am happy to go into depth about what exactly influenced my decision in my next blog post, though I’ll mention them here in summary. My first and main reason was the affordability. This coupled with the great location, and the fact that the rooms are fully furnished, made the decision quite an easy one to make.

Hoping and praying that everyone remains safe during this time.

That’s all for now folks!

Best,

Anne