Organisation: ACM Consultancy Services Ltd
Role/Job Title: Sustainability Professional (Researcher & Marketer)
- Professional Services
- Environment & Sustainability
- SME delivering UN goals
No. of Employees: 1-10
- Environment and Sustainability SME Start-Up (2017)We help forward thinking businesses to achieve sustainability outcomes.
- We are an environment and sustainability consultancy firm who drive an equilibrium of environmental and operational performance, to empower a globally sustainable future through innovation, collaboration and expertise.
- As a passionate SME, we create rational change, to transition and drive towards meaningful holistic outcomes that work now and in the future.
- Researching and developing a low carbon and sustainable products ‘consumer checklist’ to bring to market.
- Researching resources from the SME Climate Hub and identifying next steps for the company’s own reduction plans.
- Representing the company on webinars to network and support the company’s Green Marketing
- Sustainability marketing via social media
- Other project work
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Sustainability and Research skills (essential),
- Carbon/GHG Reduction knowledge (essential),
- Sustainability Consumer Products knowledge (Desirable only),
- Marketing/Social Media/Website Skills or Upgrading (Desirable but not essential if happy to learn)
Skills postgraduate researcher will have an opportunity to develop
- Further experience and skills in the above Sustainability Research – helping create Sustainable Consumers.
- An understanding of the requirements of the SME Race to Net Zero (to help others in the future).
- Attending Webinars and meeting Environmental Contacts on our behalf, as part of assisting our Green Marketing (and of course affiliation with us during that duration).
- A chance for supporting further project work as it comes in.
Dates of Placement: October or November start
Duration of Opportunity: 12 weeks full-time or up to 20 weeks part-time
Full time/part time: Dependent on PGR availability
On Site or Virtual: Virtual
Your will need your own laptop with standard cyber security software on it and an email and telephone contact.
Closing date for Applications: 8 October 2021
for this opportunity by:
- completing the PGR Locus Expression of Interest Form
- Sending your CV
and an informal email or letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address the email/letter to the Director of the company
- If you would like 1:1 support with your CV or preparing for interview, please book an appointment with a Careers Coach via this link or by emailing email@example.com
Please ensure you have your supervisor’s agreement for undertaking a placement prior to applying.
Successful candidates will be paid by the University a maximum of £315 per week (pro-rata for part-time opportunities) to cover living expenses. Preference will be given to those PGRs who are not in receipt of UKRI funding.