Patty Wang, Country Representative (China), talks about her role in the International Recruitment Team

Before working for the University of Surrey I attended Leicester University, studying a MSc in Marketing. When I returned to China I took up a role informing students of their options for studying overseas. When I saw the post to become the Country Representative for the University of Surrey I thought it was a great opportunity. Surrey is climbing the national and international rankings, and there is potential for Surrey to really build upon its relationships in China.

My role includes advising potential students, ensuring up to date information is available on all of our programmes and admission requirements, managing the social media sites we have including Weibo and Wechat, and being a general point of contact for Surrey staff. I really enjoy travelling and meeting students, so attending Fairs and Exhibitions is a highlight of the role for me. It is a wonderful feeling to know that you are helping students to make the right choice, and improving their prospects in the long term. The UK and China have a long history of academic collaboration, and I think students in China recognise that and are attracted to the high quality of the programmes on offer, and the eclectic open culture in the UK.

patty-alumni-event-2