My international exchange at the City University of Hong Kong

I am so happy I went to study as an exchange student at City University of Hong Kong because it taught me to be knowledgeable, to become a caring, principled, open-minded individual, a thinker, a communicator and a risk-taker, which subsequently led to a great benefit in my personal and professional goals. The Exchange Programme, which the University of Surrey offered me, was not only the best thing that happened in my life, it was an investment in my future, it provided education to an international level and it gave me the competitive edge among students around the world.

The location of City University of Hong Kong is very good in a peaceful area, surrounded by parks and markets and it is also next to a big shopping center, which has a metro station inside. It is just a few stations away from the city center where you can find everything from trendy boutiques to traditional Chinese product stores, as well as most of the clubs, bars, restaurants and pubs.

Hong Kong is not only skyscrapers and banks. It has amazing beaches with fine golden sands to swim, sunbathe, surf, etc. It became one of my favorite cities because it allows you to reach venues and leisure spots 24/7 with ease. It has sophisticated and reliable infrastructure that makes the city run and is convenient.

Hong Kong is one of the top cities not only in Asia, but also in the world!

Before I went there I was not so optimistic about it. It was my first time in Asia and I was a bit scared of what this completely different country compared to mine would offer to me. I had no idea what to expect when I set out to backpack alone, but I was never really alone at all. I made lots of friends and some of them left a huge mark on me. It even turns out that on the second day I fell in love in the city because of its interesting culture and unusual traditions. Hong Kong is the place I would like to live and I can’t wait to go there again someday. This semester was definitely an unforgettable experience for me: four months filled with travelling, getting to know new friends, exploring and simply enjoying life.

I strongly recommend it to everyone; Hong Kong has been a true dream and I got to experience it with amazing people!

Evelin Evlogieva, Business Management