Day trip to Bicester Village and Oxford!

Hiiiiii everyone! It’s lovely to be able to blog again. 🙂 It was raining the whole day yesterday but it was sunny and bright again today so it’s definitely a good day! 😛 The finals is coming sooooooo soon, which my first paper will start on next Friday and I’m really nervous now. 🙁 I guess the library camping life will start again soon to work hard and revise for the exams as it will be my last exams in my study life (hopefully) before entering the work phase of life. Oh well, life needs to go on so I’ll try to embrace every moment in a positive way. 🙂

Okay back to the main topic today. My friends have always wanted to visit Bicester Village for shopping and also buying gifts for their families and friends. I guess they know that they will be shopping a lot so they decided to rent a car and drive there instead of taking the train and thus again, I’m invited to become the driver of the day. 😛 Although I’m not very keen on the shopping part, free lunch, free transport and a visit to Oxford somehow attracted me so in the end I promised them to drive them there. 😛

For your information, Bicester Village is a designer outlet shopping centre (something like the Johor Premium Outlets or Mitsui Outlet Park in Malaysia) located on the outskirts of Bicester, which is really near to the world famous Oxford. It was only a short 1 hour and 30 minutes drive from the University to Bicester Village and we are really amazed by what it has to offer once we stepped out of the car. The village houses premium brands such as Prada, Dior, Gucci, Céline, Burberry, Michael Kors, Coach, Marc Jacobs, Jimmy Choo, Ted Baker and lots more.  We ended up spending about 4 hours there walking around the shops and my friends were really happy doing their shopping as everything there is much cheaper than market price. We also saw alot of buses with tourists from all over the world and it was only then I know how famous Bicester Village is as my friend told me it is often included in part of the schedule of guided tours when tourists visit England.  As for myself, everything still seem so expensive to me (due to the poor exchange rate of MYR to GBP currency) but I still enjoyed myself doing window shopping and admiring the luxury goods. 🙂

Shopping street

Big brands- DKNY, MK!

It’s a clear and sunny day!

Gucci and Coach

The amount of shopping done by my friends 😛

And then we proceed to Oxford! Home to the world famous Oxford University, which is the oldest university in the English speaking world and the second oldest university in the world founded almost 1000 years ago. Oxford is a very old and historic city with many fine examples of English architecture since the late Saxon period. The whole city seemed to be filled with scholarly atmosphere and makes you feel like studying due to the 38 constituent colleges of the University surrounding the whole city. 🙂 As one of my friends had visited Oxford city before, she gave us a very brief introduction and short tour around the city and I’m really impressed with the architectures and buildings in the city. I really love the vibe of the city and it is really amazing to be able witness such great fine works from ancient times. There are many places in the city that are really picturesque and Instagram-worthy and thus we spent some time snapping pictures away using our cameras. 😛

One of the buildings of Oxford University!

Oxford’s Christ Church Cathedral! Too bad we are not allowed to enter on the day due to some functions going on

One of my favourite spots in Oxford- Oxford University’s Bodleian Library! Such an amazing architecture! 🙂

A very beautiful wall, also part of the University

Walking on the streets in Oxford city

Finally before heading home, we decided to have a scrumptious Asian cuisine to end our day perfectly. After researching on trip advisor, my friends picked a restaurant and upon entering I realised its a Chinese-Malaysian restaurant! I’m really happy as I really missed Malaysian food alot. We ordered a mixture of Chinese food and Malaysian food and I let my friends tried the Ayam Masak Merah (Chicken cooked with chilli gravy) and Char Koey Teow (fried flat noodles) and they really love it a lot! Once again it proves that Malaysian cuisine is still the best! 😛

Me and my friends! 🙂

From left clockwise: Hong Kong Iced Milk Tea, Chinese Spicy Chicken, Char Koey Teow, Home Made Tofu, Ayam Masak Merah and Nestum Prawn! Yummmmmy~~ 😛

After dinner, we headed home happily. It was a really pleasant trip and we did had fun visiting new places in the UK. Cheers to more trips in the UK and EU! 🙂

So I guess that will be all for today. Need to go back to revision again. 🙁 Hope you all enjoy reading and see you all again next week! 🙂

Love xx

Adeline