Halal Food Guide: Guildford

Hey everyone, I’m Syazwan ! I’m a new student ambassador and I’ll be writing some blogs about student life here at the University of Surrey. 

As a muslim student, it can be difficult sometimes finding Halal food in the United Kingdom. I have put together a list of places serving Halal food for Muslim students. 

1. Young’s Kitchen

First, it is Young’s Kitchen located in the University of Surrey campus. You can get a range of Asian food here, including Chinese, Thai and Japanese food. A favorite of mine is their Chilli Chicken dish, which I rate 5/5 stars. 

2. Kokoro

Kokoro is a popular food spot among University of Surrey students. The restaurant serves Korean and Japanese food, which will make you wanting to go back for more after the first bite 😋 Do take note that only the chicken is Halal in Kokoro. I got the Sushi Katsu Combi, and it was delicious. I really recommend eating here ! 

3. Pepe’s Piri Piri

If you’re in the mood for some fast food, check out Pepe’s Piri Piri ! From tortillas, burgers, chicken wings to their famous rice boxes, there are so many options to choose from. I had their ‘Succulent Piri Piri Tender Strips & Rice’ and it was so good.

As a bonus, you can take the train to Woking for £5, and you will find many Halal food options there too. Just to mention a few, there is Taco Bell, KFC and German Doner Kebab. 

Happy eating everyone !