Learning facilities provided by the University

Hi guys, I hope you are all doing well and I’ve had a great week so far.

It’s been a while I did a post, because the past few weeks has been a bit demanding, with coursework deadlines and tests approaching. Week 6 and Week 7, seems to be busy weeks for most students. The library is getting packed and, most people end up staying up all night to make sure they have their work sorted out before the deadline day. Well we all know the reason for that as students, people procrastinate and leave things till last minute.  But yeah guys, I’m not here to point fingers at anyone but just to talk about the support the university provides for students.

The university library is like one of the cool places on campus, well I mean cool because the building is beautiful lol. It was newly refurbished, and what I like most about the library is the colour coordination each floor has. The library has 5 floors and each floor has a group study room, a silent study and a normal study space. Furthermore, it has a language department where students are allowed to study another language for FREE!! I think that is amazing, I am currently studying Chinese and I promise it is a lot of hardwork but I love it, and I will advise anyone to do it…….

The library learning support provides an online library; some students find it more convenient using the online library. People can book study rooms, get their reading lists, find E-books and access past exam papers. There is a lot of support available from the library. Asides this, each course/department has an academic liaison officer that gives support in any academy area students are struggling with. SPLASH workshops are provided for students, to help them with their coursework, they are available to help students check their coursework especially international students who may be struggling with the way their coursework is structured. As they understand, that the system academic system in Nigeria will be different from that in the UK. The library support also provides additional learning support for dyslexic and disabled students, so everyone in the university is given an equal amount of support. Although, a lot of times people forget the support the university provides and struggle on their own feeling overwhelmed and stressed. But my advice, especially as an international student, and bearing in mind that family may be miles away from you. It’s important to make use of the support the library provides, and ask other students for help.

I put a few pictures up, and I’m sure if you go on the univeristy’s website you can find some more pictures to confirm everything  I said 🙂

blog 7blog 4blog 2blogblog 3blog 6

ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEK 🙂  xxx