Easter break!

Hello everyone! Hope you enjoyed your Easter break! Welcome to another episode of my diary, and this time I can’t wait to share with you my Easter holiday experience. In one word, I had a ‘swell’ holiday, but because no great story is ever told using just one word, I’m more than happy to expound, lol 😂😂During the Easter break, I decided to take a tour and get to know places. I realize that it is quite easy and cheap to travel to other parts of the UK from Guildford where the university of Surrey is located. I chose the city of Manchester, just about 4 hours by train away from Guildford. The journey was stress-free and very comfortable ( different from the 9ja travelling experience. lol). The city of Manchester is a work of art, a beautiful gigantic city with lots of opportunities. It is home to two of the biggest football clubs: Manchester United and Manchester City respectively, so if you’re a football fan, trust me, you’ll find the city more thrilling. Amongst other things, I got to see the “Victory Over Blindness” bronze sculpture, located outside the Manchester Piccadilly station. This sculpture I’ve read a long time ago was commissioned to commemorate the centenary of the First World War. It depicts seven blind figures guiding each other and walking together. Away from sports and everything else, the city of Manchester also has African shops where you can get your local vegetables and quality catfish at affordable prices as does Guildford. In line with the Covid19 protocols and restrictions, however, not all malls and shops are open. Walking the streets requires that you must adhere to the safety precautions set out by wearing a face/nose mask at all times. My weekend in Manchester was fantastic! However, I was more than happy to return home to Guildford a beautiful place to live. It provides the perfect balance between rural and city life. The town has excellent road and rail connections. From Guilford station, you can be at London Waterloo in under 40 minutes. Guildford is also within easy reach of Gatwick and Heathrow airports very convenient for international students. Look up the pictures here, perhaps you’ll get a glimpse of the city of Manchester often referred to as the “Capital of the North”  Until my next episode coming up soon, stay tuned.