No loose guard o!!!🤧

Hello guys, 2 blogs in one day? You guys are lucky 😂😂.

In my last post, I gave an insight on the non-academic aspect of moving from 9ja to the UK. It’s only fair I touch on a few thing on the flip side. The academic aspect. The most important.

My best advice to anyone is to have S.M.A.R.T. goals.

SMART goals helped me navigate my way through undergrad and even more in postgrad.

To break it down for you, your goals need to be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time bound.

When it comes to preparing for lectures, seminars and most importantly, assignments, one has to apply SMART objectives to benefit the most.

At the start of the semester, you are told not to worry about assignments for the first few weeks as they are far, but take it from me guys, they creep up on you very fast.

One thing that has helped me all through my study at the Uni is to prepare every week towards the assignment. This means setting SMART goals for myself every week. For every lecture and seminar, I go in depth to read and understand what is being taught and if for any reason I need more clarity, I waste no time in sending an email to the lecturer or asking questions in class! Very important!.

Having SMART goals will help you allocate your time wisely and give you time to have a social life was well. I don’t want you to burn out before the semester ends. All work and no play makes 9ja people burn out.

Don’t get lost in the numerous ‘distractions’ that will come with studying abroad. Make una no loose guard o, abeg x3. Have a balanced routine, but give more priority to your studies. Time to jaiye and gbedu dey come, but make Una head dey book first. You got this.

Till next post. Stay well. 💕