A hidden gem

Hello! My flatmate Gabrielle and I have been on the hunt for Guildford’s best coffee spots for a while now and we think we have finally come across a hidden gem, The Gallery Cafe.

This little unassuming Cafe, is tucked away behind the Information Centre which is located in Guildford House, a 17th century building on High Street. The house is also home to a gallery displaying a variety of free exhibitions throughout the year. If you proceed downstairs into the courtyard, you will find the Cafe along with an adorable little craft shop.

The Cafe has a small indoor sitting area as well as a covered canopy area in the garden. The decor is very charming and as it is in an enclosed courtyard off High Street, it is also very quiet and almost feels like a secret. The menu is also very reasonably priced, and I’ve always enjoyed my food whilst eating here. Gabrielle and I love their sandwiches and cream tea. We’re also excited to go back and try their high tea which you must book ahead of time.

Though we are big fans of Canopy, Kalm Kitchen and Coffee Culture, among others, we love to come here for a quiet get away from the hustle and bustle of High Street. You can also read up on all of our other favorites here: https://blogs.surrey.ac.uk/northamerica-blog/2017/03/23/favorite-coffee-spots/

Cheers!