I have arranged the evening public lecture programme for the local Institute of Physics branch. I’ll post some advertisements to the individual talks closer to the times, but here is a summary, with full details appearing at the IoP website.
- Wed 24th Oct: Discovery at the Large Hadron Collider – Prof Jon Butterworth, UCL
- Wed 21st Nov: Is the End of the World Really Nigh? – Alok Jha, The Guardian
- Wed 13th Feb: The Atomic Theory of Matter: From Democritus to the Quantum Computer – Dr Chris Hooley, St Andrews
- Wed 13th Mar: Title TK – Dr Arnau Rios, University of Surrey
- Wed 24th Apr: Title TK – Samantha Shaw , DSTL
All talks take place in the Griffiths Lecture Theatre at the University of Surrey, and last from 7pm to 8pm. They are free to attend and unticketed. Please just turn up in time for a 7pm start.