Graduation!

11752573_10152993181961623_657809458891824631_n

14th of July 2015, my Graduation.

2 years of hard work, of countless hours spent in the library, of insane hours staring into books, all boils down to this day – Melydia Tan, a First Class Honours Graduate!

Of course, I was also an advocate of “Study hard, Play hard(er)” ūüôā

It was a day filled with so much emotions, bittersweet to be exact. Yes I was graduating; yes I am so ready to take on the working world, but it also meant that my chapter¬†here in Surrey has ended. I remember 2 years ago today, where I was faced with The biggest decision of my life – to undertake an overseas education. Now 2 years on thinking back, how silly I was.¬†It never is easy saying goodbye, especially to a place you have grown so fond of, to a place which you regard to as your second home. The memories I have will forever be embedded in my heart, the immense knowledge I’ve gained & the friends I’ve made. Time really does fly when you’re having fun.

Today, I also learned that my University has been named University Of The Year by The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016. I am proud beyond words to be a part of this milestone; to tell the whole world¬†that University of Surrey is my Alma Mater. Thank you UniSurrey for everything you’ve given me, for moulding me into¬†a better person.¬†I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything in the world. Special thanks also to¬†the International Student Relations Team, for giving me this wonderful opportunity to share my life and experiences here in this blog as an ambassador.

If I could do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. This is not goodbye, it is merely the beginning.

Wonderful Things Really Do Happen Here.

Love with all my heart,

Melydia