We’re delighted to introduce our new Student Success team for the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences (FASS), who are here to provide additional support for students who may need extra help navigating university life.
The Student Success Team offer a complimentary service which sits along-side other support services already in place at the University. The team are here to ensure you get the right help from the right places and provide you with a well-rounded and successful student experience.
Who are the Student Success Team for?
The team are on hand to offer proactive help and guidance for the whole student community, including disadvantaged, at-risk and disengaged students. They’ll build specialised knowledge around how to provide pastoral support for widening participation students and international students.
When can I talk to the Student Success Team?
The Student Success Team are happy to talk to anyone, anytime. Particularly if:
- You want to talk about your experience during your studies
- You would like regular pastoral support
- You have a number of queries and need help to work through them
- You are care experienced/a care leaver, estranged from your family, a mature learner, a young adult carer or a BME student and would like a safe space to talk and to find out about support you can access
- You are an international student and would like a safe space to talk and find out about the support you can access
- You are thinking about leaving the university
- You are interested in finding out about any university events
- You want to make suggestions about how we can improve our community.
Who are the Student Success Team?
The team for FASS are Mark Van Der Enden and Najaah Oozeer. Mark and Najaah will be soon be located on the ground floor of Surrey Business School, where there will be a private meeting space so you can speak to them in confidence.
How do I contact the Student Success team?