Tolu’s Final year

Hallos!!!

I hope everyone is doing well, and having a good week?

I know I know it’s been a while…. But no one prepared me well for this final year journey. It’s truly been a journey so far, but I’m learning to enjoy the process. They way my workload increased ehhh I can’t even explain, so that’s why I have been mute.

So what have learned so far in my final year? I am now in my final semester as an undergraduate, and I really cannot believe in about 4-5 months time I will be a graduate *screaming* I really cannot explain how I feel at the moment, but as I said earlier I am trying to make the most out of the process.

Going back to the topic at hand. I know everyone says this, and I know it has become like a song in everyone’s ears but having a planned out schedule for each day helps a lot. Although, sometimes life happens and you end up not following the schedule strictly but knowing that you have one truly does help! Secondly, I have learnt that it is my final year and I need to still make lasting memories. This was difficult to execute at first, because I was like ‘this is my final year and I need to work really hard and stay focused’ but please it’s not that deep if I’m honest with you. So now, I make out time to catch up with friends, relax as much as I can and have fun as well as work hard. This has been useful and so helpful in different ways.

Lastly, I know no one prepares you well enough for the final year “journey” but it is important to figure out what works best for you. If studying every minute works well for you, then go for it and if taking regular breaks works well for you, also go for it. In the end…. Everyone will still get to where they need to be in life, so don’t compare yourself to another person.

Enjoy the rest of your week/ weekend J

Tolu xx

P.S. : You cannot control everything that happens to you, but you can control how you respond to it.