Hello world

This post is written in both Chinese and English.

Xin Yang

大家好!欢迎阅读我的第一篇萨里博客!

我叫杨昕,现在在萨里大学攻读电子工程专业博士学位,同时也是萨里大学的一名中国学生大使。我来自哈尔滨,那里冬天很美(也很冷),如果有机会的话强烈建议你去看看。

我在 2013 年来到萨里大学攻读硕士学位,在完成硕士学位后又决定继续攻读博士学位。可能与大家通常印象中的博士生活不同,我觉得我的博士生活充实又有趣。在未来的文章中我会详细介绍在萨里大学攻读博士是一种怎样的体验,所以别忘了关注我未来的博客更新!

我在本硕博期间一直就读的是工程类专业,如果你也是一名工程类学生或者正在考虑攻读工程类专业,欢迎与我交流。话题不仅限于博士相关的内容。我很乐意向大家介绍我自己在萨里大学攻读工程类专业的体验,真的很棒。

今天的内容基本就到这里了,未来我将与大家分享更多的体验与经历。如果你对某个问题特别感兴趣,也欢迎在下方(或在右方?)给我留言。

精彩在这里发生。我们下期见!

Greetings to whoever reading this post!

I am Xin, currently a 2nd year PhD Electronic Engineering student and a Chinese Student Ambassador at the University of Surrey. I originally came from Harbin, China, where is incredibly beautiful (and extremely cold) in winter. It locates in the Northeast China; just in case you are planning to pay a visit and don’t know where it is yet.

I came to Surrey in 2013 to pursue my MSc degree. After finishing MSc, I decided to continue to take PhD study; and I’m glad I did. PhD life is rather unique and enjoyable. Such description is quite contradictory to the stereotype, isn’t it? I will explain more in following posts to introduce what the PhD life really looks like at Surrey, so please keep an eye on my future updates.

Oh right, please don’t forget I am also an engineering student. If you are an engineering student or are considering to undertake an engineering degree and would like to talk with me, please don’t hesitate to do so; the topic does not have to be PhD-related. I am more than happy to talk about my experience as an engineering student at Surrey, which is amazing for sure.

This is pretty much for today’s post. I can’t wait to share more with you in future posts. If there is anything you are particularly interested in, please just leave a comment below. (or in the right?)

Wonderful things happen here. Talk to you soon!

Xin